SUNDAY April 17, 2011, 11am-7pm, Americas Amphitheater: NETWORK FOR YOUNG ARTISTS in partnership with DELICIOUS TAMALES & WONDERLAND OF THE AMERICAS proudly present their 2nd Annual DOMINGO DE FIESTA!
The music and arts festival will include two outdoor stages of live music, a Classic Car Show, a Carnival (in Hobby Lobby’s parking lot), Wine Garden, Spring Fashion Show, Dance performance, face painter, balloon artist, food, fun and the most awaited & competitive ‘TamaleFest Eating Contest’ sponsored by DELICIOUS TAMALES. San Antonio and Balcones Heights dignitaries and celebrities include Bexar County Sheriff, Amadeo Ortiz, County District Attorney, Susan Reed and Rollette Schreckenghost, President of the San Antonio Conservation Society. They are a few among the enthusiastic contestants. Among our celebrity judges for this competitive contest will be Tim Campion , King Anchovie, Shannon Peterson, Mud Queen, Elaine Ayala, Express-News Latino Life Blog Writer, and 2011 Rey Feo, Bill Drain.
*TAMALE eating contest starts @ 5pm at the main stage, by the fountain!
*1st place winners, in male and female categories, each can WIN $500!
– TWO outdoor stages of live music ALL DAY:
– Debut: Ruido Añejo w/Pete Astudillo, Lush with Steffani Monteil, Orquestra Tropicante, Jai Roots, and more…..
– Spring Fashion Show (outdoor): from several stores/tenants here at Wonderland Mall @ 12pm-12:45pm. Fashion Show produced by Nelson Fashion Group
– Indoor Mainstage: Dance performance by Fiesta Noche del Rio @ 3pm-3:30pm
DOMINGO de FIESTA is FREE and OPEN to the public.
* Watch us YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/DiverseMedia2003?feature=mhum#p/u/6/fxQ4M2sc60Y
For more information, please call 210.785.3500 or visit us: Twitter & Facebook!